3.23.2011

when in doubt, sack out.

wwad.gif

i was planning on tackling "homeschooling, ami style" this week, but it's taking me longer to say everything i want to say about it.

so in an effort to produce high-quality blogs, i'm going to work on it another week. this week, i'll explain yet another ami quote. [check out the new ami quote tab at the top!]

blog 011


"when in doubt, sack out."

my mom chose not to vaccinate us [another post to save for later], and we never had anything like that hateful tylenol stuff in our house. that would be an abomination! [catch the sarcasm, please] instead, my mom put onion juice in our ears for ear infections, and lathered us up in melaleuca oil when necessary. essentially, my mom was into homeopathy, though i never recall that word being used.

but mostly, and more specifically, my mom's mantra was that sleep could heal almost everything, and that sickness was your body's way of telling you to slow down. it seemed to work well for our family.

"mom, i don't feel very good."
"take a nap."

"mom, i have a fever."
"go to bed with extra blankets."

"mom, my stomach hurts."
"drink some water and take a nap."

get the idea? oh yeah, my mom's second favorite thing is water.

water and sleep, they can cure the world.

so the next time you're feeling ill, just remember, when in doubt, sack out.

[photo credit]

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is, honestly, undubitably, wise. (I sure hope I spelled that right. That is a word that should be used more often, eh?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've so appreciated your mom's advice and wisdom. And I think you guys all turned out great! And by the way - in case anyone is wondering - the onion juice thing really works. ;) Miss you LG!

    ReplyDelete