actually, i was totally already planning on posting this recipe as it is one of the few that i can kind-of claim as "my" own. my mom made up this recipe for a contest when i was just a kid! she didn't win, but it has stuck in our family and has also made its home in the alsbury house!
8 strips of bacon
1 cup of green beans
2 cups penne noodles
1/4 cup parmesan
salt to taste
- cut up bacon into bit-size pieces and place in a large saute pan
- cook bacon at a medium heat until cooked thoroughly
- do not drain grease! this acts as your "sauce."
- meanwhile, boil water and cook pasta as directed
- toss green beans in with the bacon until cooked all the way through
- add pasta and parmesan and stir it all together
also, all of the ingredients amounts are just estimates so add more bacon or green beans or just throw in whatever kinds of pasta you have in your cupboard. i usually add a little salt too.