10.26.2011

exodus cry



a little over a month ago, a student organization here at the university of iowa called Students Abolishing Slavery held a viewing of this movie. Nefarious was a powerful film in more ways than one. it plainly described the tragedy of the sex trade in our present world in an artful way.

despite it's horrific focus and against all odds, the film ended with a hopeful spirit. this organization seeks to raise awareness of modern day slavery and the sex trade, rescue women by setting up lighthouses, and reach and change the hearts of men. but it was clear at the film's end that only true healing can come from the power of Jesus Christ. this is the message they carry with them.

it was not a difficult decision to choose to give Exodus Cry monthly support. i talked to bryan about it and we decided to add it to our budget.


how can you contribute?


this week, i'm giving away five handmade crafts from lullabies for africa!


simply leave a comment on this post if you'd like to win these awesome earrings.
i'm probably going to have to get a pair for myself!


i'll randomly select the winner at the end of the week!

9 comments:

  1. love reading your blog, love these earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard about the Exodus Cry... we'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a large bag at the Adoleo/Anthem concert, and I must say, it's a pretty fetching addition to the fabulous knitting bag you made for me. These crafts are well-made and for such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read more about Exodus Cry and more of your blog. I agree that true salvation from all earthly woes lies in Christ alone. These earrings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! LisaGrace, girl, I have to stop and see you sometime on my drive through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i work with the exodus cry team! they're like two blocks away from me and used to be "under" our umbrella. great men and women. love what they are doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. those earrings would match my current outfit just great.
    2. do you have this video? I'd be interested in watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikkita10/26/2011

    These are super cute! What a wonderful idea :) Both for the giveaway to support lullabies and the idea behind lullabies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, this is going to be my lucky comment I can feel it. ;)

    ReplyDelete