1.26.2010

this life is hard, suck it up and get to work!

Have you ever felt at war with yourself? Maybe something like this:

"So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? " -Romans 7:21-24

Let me just say it:

It's not easy to be a Christian.

There. It's out there. Why isn't easy?

It's easy to lie; it's easy to steal; it's easy to take pride; it's easy to focus all of your attention on yourself; it's easy to _______________. It's NOT easy to NOT do these things.

My life as a Christian has been the hardest it's ever been. I've been more sinful than ever before; the war is waging and it's at one of it peeks.

Some things that are "hard" about this life (for me):

Selfishness. At some point in the last year, I decided that I was just going to do what is best for me. When something was proposed for me to make a choice in, I asked, "What is best for ME?" and did that. Ew. Gross. That sounds and looks so unattractive when compared to Christ.

Moodiness. Somewhat related to selfishness is being controlled by my emotions. This has been happening A LOT lately, my poor husband. I've been incredibly negative, having a bad attitude about the littlest things. Here's the kicker, almost every moment, I can feel the Holy Spirit fighting my flesh on this. I know what the right response is, but I snap anyway. It's a definite battle.

Overbearing Behavior. This is probably my absolute WORST attribute as a Christ-follower. G.R.O.S.S. I don't trust anyone to do anything as well as I'd do it yet I get bitter because no one wants to help me.

These are the hard things in my life. But as the title infers, I'm going to suck it up and get to work!

Click here for all the other links to my thoughts on what God has been teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment