1.01.2010

2010 Theme

My theme for 2010 is simply this:

be diligent

I stumbled upon this amazing word when I was "designing" my daily to-do list. I was trying to think of something to inspire me to get things done, in a smart way. I thought of the word, "diligent" but I went to look it up to see if it really described what I needed to see everyday.

diligent [dil-i-juh nt] - adj.
1. constant in effort to accomplish something; attentive and persistent in doing anything: a diligent student.
2. done or pursued with persevering attention; painstaking: a diligent search of the files.

Yep, that's exactly what I was looking for. I just love that first line, "constant effort to accomplish something."

At first glance, it may look like my new goal is to be a busybody, I can see you're point: She wants to constantly be doing things?

On the contrary, I want constant accomplishments. This year, I don't want to just get things done, I want all my work to reach toward a higher goal, an accomplishment if you will. While my tasks for the day may simply be making a meal, doing the laundry or organizing the bathroom cabinet, my accomplishment for the day is serving my husband. While another set of tasks may be to call an old friend, text a few high school kids, and hang out with my little sister, my accomplishment is encouraging people I love.

As a woman who know the wonders of the Word of God, I searched for the word diligent in the Bible. I found these fitting verses:

"Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life an your doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers." -I Timothy 4:15-16

What a beautiful mantra for my life!

So that's my theme for 2010!

This is what my Daily Task List looks like, you can click the picture to view it full-size.
(You'll notice the definition and the verse in the top box)

No comments:

Post a Comment