8.30.2010

My Decision to Line Dry

Here's another little-known fact about the writer of this blog: The power of suggestion is ten trillion times stronger for her. It's what makes her so agreeable!

I'm going to stop talking in the third person now.


You cannot suggest something to me (even indirectly) without expecting that I do exactly what you suggest. Please, don't use this against me. : )

For this reason, I pretty much only read one blog (other than friends and family). And even on that blog, I pretty much only read one author's posts.

And, to my admission, I pretty much do everything she suggests.

So, anyway, this is about my decision to line dry. Which basically means this is about Tsh's suggestion to Line Dry.

In all seriousness, I have loved line drying my clothes. Here are my reasons:

The smell! Oh, the smell!
Seriously, I would rather have a freshly line dried shirt than a bouquet of flowers. Not even kidding you. When I walk outside to pick our clothes off the clothes-line, I breathe deep. I think I love the smell even more because we've been using soap nuts to wash our clothes naturally. Because it's natural, there's no smell, which is a good thing. But there's something about smell that convinces us of cleanliness, you know?

Energy Savings
I actually do care about the environment, but I probably care more about our budget. And we definitely save some dough by not using our dryer. Enough said.

Laundry has a little more life to it.
Knowing that it might rain that evening is good motivation to get our clean clothes off the line. Motivation is something that I need, considering I tend to leave our clothes in the dryer or unfolded until my husband decides to do something about it. With line drying, I have to deal with the laundry today.

I love being outside, and I don't get nearly enough of it. Therefore, if the only reason I go outside on any given day is to get my wonderful smelling laundry, I'm okay with that.

Finally, I have one warning for you. You may end up looking down at this at the end of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment