7.28.2010

Gas Leak!

I've promised some stories, and I'm not about to let July get away before I share them.

One of the many things I love about our new home is that I have a gas-burning stove to cook our food on. I've never had a gas-burning stove and I'm definitely enjoying the difference it makes, albeit small.

The one thing about a gas burning stove is that it's actually directly connected to a gas line (I know, who would have thought?) thus increasing the risk of a gas leak.

About a week after we moved in to our new home something fell behind our oven. Bryan went on a quest to retrieve said item and pulled out our stove slightly. He was able to retrieve the item, but in the process, he saw this little gem:

How could we possibly pass up a darling little porcelain cow that doubles as a salt shaker?

Bryan made the obvious decision to pull the stove out further, so he could in turn fit his entire self behind the oven and retrieve the precious item.

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Yep, he ripped our gas hose.

As I could smell the gas from across our trailer in another room, I became worried at the amount of gas that was pouring in our atmosphere. Bryan thought quickly to turn the gas off as I opened the windows.

The next morning, we called Mid-American Energy to come and replace our hose and all was well. But our trailer smelled of those glorious gas fumes for a least a few days.

The joys of owning a trailer!

The best part of all of that, is that we received an adorable little cow salt shaker for the price of about $40 to replace our gas hose.

You may ask, was it worth it?

And I say, is that even a question? Look at that cow! : )

1 comment:

  1. i think my mom had a thinger like that once.. i immediately knew what it was. well, good thing you guys knew what to do in case of a gas leak.. i doubt i would have figured it all out without panicking.

    ReplyDelete