Just a confession: I loooooooooove meatloaf. I even order it at restaurants when I (rarely) find it on the menu. It's always been one of my favorite meals.
Needless to say, I was broken-hearted when my husband told me that he, in fact, did not care for meatloaf in the slightest.
But, I was confident enough in my mom's recipe (as she has had her shining moments in the kitchen) that I made this for him anyway. His response? LOVED IT! I hope you will too!
- 2 lb. Ground Beef (thawed)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Packet Onion Soup Mix
- 2/3 c. Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
- A few squirts of Milk (if necessary)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix first 5 ingredients until completely incorporated
- If you're having trouble mixing, use a little milk
- Press into loaf pan
- Squirt ketchup on top
- Bake for at least an hour or until completely cooked