2.14.2010

Mom's Meatloaf


Just a confession: I loooooooooove meatloaf. I even order it at restaurants when I (rarely) find it on the menu. It's always been one of my favorite meals.

Needless to say, I was broken-hearted when my husband told me that he, in fact, did not care for meatloaf in the slightest.

But, I was confident enough in my mom's recipe (as she has had her shining moments in the kitchen) that I made this for him anyway. His response? LOVED IT! I hope you will too!

Ingredients:
  • 2 lb. Ground Beef (thawed)
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Packet Onion Soup Mix
  • 2/3 c. Bread Crumbs
  • 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
  • A few squirts of Milk (if necessary)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mix first 5 ingredients until completely incorporated
  3. If you're having trouble mixing, use a little milk
  4. Press into loaf pan
  5. Squirt ketchup on top
  6. Bake for at least an hour or until completely cooked
It's that easy! We had ours with Asparagus the other night, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment